- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, Master’s preferred.
- Successful teaching experience in middle and/or high school is preferred.
- Successful experience teaching across diverse populations, preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally, positively, and respectfully with students, parents, staff, and community members.
- Demonstrates curiosity and a passion for learning and believes that learning is a social endeavor.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of teaching techniques which are used to maximize student learning.
- Proven ability to provide an instructional program for students geared to meet their individual needs at their instructional level.
- Willingness and desire to assist a teaching team in implementing an interdisciplinary instructional program.
- Infuses contextual learning opportunities into subject area.
- Teaches in an instructional program that meets the students’ individual needs at their individual instructional level and makes modifications when necessary.
- Guide students to research, analyze data, and problem-solve in a global context.
- Designs learning experiences and assessments that allow students to demonstrate applied skills.
- Quickly learns and infuses emerging technologies into teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Works as an enthusiastic part of a learning-centered environment believing that each student can learn.
- Works collaboratively within the professional learning community to improve instruction, learning, and assessment.
- Maintains effective, positive classroom management.
- Provides a safe environment.