To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop course syllabi and lesson plans.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Collaborate with department to provide consistent and sequenced educational experiences aligned to appropriate state standards.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of Michigan City Area Schools and State of Indiana.
- Possess or be eligible for Indiana certification.
- Relevant teaching or student teaching experience.