This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position will develop, expand, and grow all aquatic programs and membership goals as they relate to aquatic participation. The Aquatic Director & Advisor must develop, recommend and administer the assigned branch's budget, ensure all established policies are carried out, and ensure that programs and activities are conducted professionally and safely throughout the Association.
- College degree in a related field and/or five-plus years of program/leadership experience.
- Current certification in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, AED, and an American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent certification.
- Hold a trainer-level current certification in Lifeguarding American Red Cross or equivalent certification.
- Current Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and PA Pesticide Applicator or willingness to obtain.
- CPR and Lifeguard Trainer certification.
- Swim lesson experience and/or YMCA Aquatics Trainer Certification preferred.
- Direct and administer total operation of the Aquatics Department within a YMCA branch, including the interpretation and execution of established policies, the development of procedures and methods, staffing, evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs and operation.
- Participate as required by branch leadership in DOD building coverage.
- Plan and conduct a wide variety of aquatic programs and activities that maximize the facilities available, support the Cause and enhance membership.
- Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Promote and monitor membership and/or program growth, taking a leadership role in membership cultivation and retention.
- Serve as the Aquatic Advisor to Aquatic Directors, Branch Executive Directors, and Directors of Operations in topics of safety, hiring, training, and programming. Keep Association staff up to date with Y-USA and other Aquatic alerts and recommendations as well as collecting and reviewing aquatic best practices.
- Assist with monthly silhouette drills, aquatic quick checks, and other association safety measures.