Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics, the Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Operating Officer (Sr. AD) will plan, direct, and manage the departments operations including Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) programs, business administration, and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the operational aspects including budget planning and monitoring for ICA of all intercollegiate programs as assigned.
- Supervises the team support functions including individual travel, lodging and food arrangements for teams on away trips as well as individual contest officials for home events.
- Provides day-to-day operations of the department and direction to coaches and staff and makes decisions for department operations in the Director’s absence.
- Supports the development and implementation of the department strategic plan, establishing and enforcing department-wide priorities, setting short- and long-term goals.
- Participates with the management of all indoor and outdoor athletic facilities.
- Oversee human resources related activities including, but not limited to initiates recruitments, processing and hiring of student assistants, faculty, and staff appointments and participates in the selection processes, evaluating staff work performance, and establishing priorities and timelines for tasks and projects.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of experience in college athletics, which has included training and supervising the work of others.
- Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population and performing community services.
- California Driver License.