Western Kentucky University, a member of Conference USA and Football Bowl Subdivision (I-A) NCAA member institution, seeks applicants for the position of Senior Associate Athletic Director, Communications and Marketing. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee athletics communications, media relations and marketing department in a way that reflects the University's values.
- Serve as the Athletics Department spokesperson for national, regional, and local media.
- Responsible for implementing communications, media relations, marketing and branding strategies within the department to promote the University athletic teams, student-athletes, coaches and facilities.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of the gameday and non-gameday fan experiences ? including, but not limited to non-gameday digital and grassroots engagement strategies, gameday traditional and innovative fan experiences, and traditional or non-traditional engagement efforts for all athletic events.
- Research, analyze, and execute new and creative marketing and fan experience strategies and tactics to advance WKU's efforts for the cutting edge of college sports.
- Meets, consults with, and advises student-athletes, coaches, and staff regarding marketing, social media, video, and communications strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum four years' experience in the field of communications and marketing.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours, including team travel.