Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead execution of high-priority strategic and outward looking initiatives and projects that may include data driven research, industry trends, and peer group comparisons through gathering and analyzing financial and athletic performance data.
- Conduct analysis and recommendations to respond to change within intercollegiate athletics and the impact on sports programs with clear takeaways from complex information into simple recommendations that influence success of sports programs.
- Provide important operational support for the athletic director’s office on issues pertaining to the evolving NCAA landscape, new governance and business models, and their impact on sports programs, with a specific focus on basketball.
- Identify, develop and execute innovative strategies that enhance sports programs in a radically changing macroeconomic and regulatory college sports environment (NIL, deregulation, regulatory influence, etc.) where priorities are constantly evolving and anticipates and responds to external threats and changes within intercollegiate athletics.
- Bachelor degree.
- 5 years of full-time professional work experience in athletics administration, coaching, sports operation or related field.
- 3 years of experience on the staff of a Division 1 men’s basketball program or professional sports team.
- Experience with basketball analytics.
- Experience with basketball scheduling, pre-season multi-team exempt events, post-season NCAA basketball.
- Technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills.
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, data visualization and interpretation (samples requested).