The University at Buffalo Division of Athletics invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations. Serving on the executive team, the incumbent will report to the Vice President and Director of Athletics. The incumbent will provide leadership over budget and financial management, while providing guidance to internal units within the division and sports programs that they will oversee.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the $32M intercollegiate athletics budget through supervision and maintenance of financial accounts.
- Sport oversight of Division I Athletic team.
- As a member of the Athletics’ executive team, the incumbent will represent the initiatives and plans on behalf of Athletics to university centralized services to ensure the Athletics’ and University’s vision are practiced and in alignment.
- Oversee the planning and influencing HR activities related to the Athletics workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, and compensation planning.
- Coordinate Athletics’ facility capital projects.
- Oversee reporting requirements (NCAA Agreed Upon Procedures, EADA, etc.).
- Integrate and implement financial strategies for the Athletics’ initiatives and forecast future revenue and expenditures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference for degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Sport Administration or Management.
- Relevant experience in Intercollegiate Athletics department, business or financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of basic account procedures with an aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations required.
- Database and work processing skills, strong communication and organizational skills mandatory.
- Key attributes include accountability and judgment, communication, collaboration, leadership, and strategic thinking. The highest standards for personal and professional excellence and unquestionable integrity are a must.