Manages all aspects of the athletic training room operations. Manages the athletic training room staff and provides leadership for athletic training program. Primary sport responsibility will be football.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the athletic training room operations and supervises the athletic training room staff and student workers.
- Manages athletic training operations at all games/events as necessary.
- Supervising, managing and developing staff that report directly to the assistant athletics director for sports medicine.
- Directly responsible for football.
- Coordinates the care, prevention, and treatment of athletic injuries to student-athletes in all sports programs.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and detailed medical records for all student-athlete injuries.
- Arranges for injury and illness treatment by team physicians and other physicians as necessary.
- Serves as liaison to all medical care providers.
- Manages the drug-testing program.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer (NATA BOC).
- Eligible for, obtain and maintain license to practice Athletic Training in Louisiana.
- Current CPR/First Aid/Automatic External Defibrillator(AED) Certification.