The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Strategic Communications & Brand Advancement will have oversight of all creative, digital and communication units in the department with direct management of the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Brands & Communications, Chief Creative Officer and Director of Football Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and leadership of all communications, creative, digital units in the department with direct management of the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Brands & Communications, Chief Creative Officer and Director of Football Communications. Advise the senior leadership team, including the Director of Athletics, on all communication and branding initiatives.
- Develop digital/creative strategy for individual sports with department coaches and directors of operations on individualized team strategies, as well as all priorities related to the department’s 21 programs and 600 student-athletes.
- Implement strategies to capture analytics to create and make data-driven strategies and decisions to enhance sales and revenue generation opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Development Officer, as well as with the department’s multimedia rights partner.
- Provide outstanding customer service, as well as ensure the editorial team provides the highest level of customer service.
- Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience (ten years preferred). Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Experience at a NCAA Division 1 athletic program and/or a professional sports organization or related field, in digital strategy, marketing, revenue generation, communications or a related field preferred.