The University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc.
- 2234 active jobs (view)
In this role, you will:
- Be a member of the Athletics Director Executive team.
- Lead a team of frontline fundraisers and advancement professionals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major and principal gift prospects and corporate sponsors for annual, capital, and endowment programs.
- Drive strategy, structure and metrics related to annual fund growth.
- Provide strategic direction and updates to the Athletics Director & Deputy Athletic Director/Chief Operating Officer.
- Works closely with the UCONN Foundation’s senior development team to prepare strategies for donor engagement in various activities i.e., suites, away game travel, post season and alumni, university, and special events.
- Develops and initiates planned steps of a moving process to build relationships with donors and the solicitation of gifts. Updates and maintains timely contact reports and furnishes timely reports on progress toward assigned goals and solicitation results.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be a champion for inclusion and diversity both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, train, motivate, and coach people effectively across the organization.
- Be able to drive operational efficiency & effectiveness related to all development functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strategic plans, implement programs, manage change and build organizational commitment.
- Demonstrate the ability to secure 7-figure and upward gifts.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate University priorities to donors and prospects while positively representing the University and Foundation.
- Demonstrate the ability to master transactional fundraising, as well as a broad understanding of CRM practices and management.
- Be adept in the use of computers and information management tools.
The UConn Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.