To educate, monitor and report on all activities pertaining to NCAA, Ivy League and Dartmouth College rules and regulations governing varsity intercollegiate athletics. The athletics compliance office at Dartmouth College is committed to being personable, professional, and problem solvers, serving all constituents of our athletics department; coaches, student-athletes, staff, families and supporters. This position provides leadership, guidance, and direction in all aspects of related to NCAA and Ivy League compliance to 35 sport programs and approximately 1000 student-athletes.
- Five to eight years of athletics administrative experience.
- Direct experience with NCAA regulations and interpretations of regulations.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Commitment to fostering respectful communication and collaboration within a diverse community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in sensitive situations and work effectively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Demonstrated success engaging and building collaborative relationships with various stakeholders, including coaches, student-athletes, faculty, staff, campus, and corporate partners, donors, and community members.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Provides authoritative guidance on a wide range of issues relating to compliance with NCAA and Ivy League regulations.
- Develops, implements, and monitors various compliance processes and procedures for Ivy League and NCAA bylaw, along with the maintenance of necessary documentation and reporting of these systems and protocols.
- Develops and coordinates rules education meetings and seminars for Departmental coaches, staff, and individuals outside of the athletic department, as needed (e.g., Director of Financial Aid, Director of Admissions, Registrar).
- Develops educational sessions and programming geared toward to familiarizing student-athletes with NCAA and Ivy League rules and regulations, including applicable College policies.
- Develops and maintains an effective educational program for boosters and alums while working directly with the athletics development office, including, but not limited to, publications, participation in conference calls, in-person meetings, etc.
- Prepares continuing eligibility reports to be reviewed by the institution’s certifying officer, who reports outside of athletics, in compliance with standardized NCAA and Ivy League eligibility rules on a termly, yearly and career-long basis.