The Senior Associate Athletics Director – External Operations reports to the Deputy Athletics Director – External Operations/Chief Revenue Officer and serves in leadership roles on the External Operations team and the Athletics Executive Cabinet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees communications, marketing and other assigned units from an administrative perspective, including full-time professionals, student assistants and a team of game day operations staff.
- Plan, assign and review work of select staff to ensure that objectives are met.
- Monitor and administer multiple operating budgets while deploying unit resources effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Serve as the primary liaison to University Strategic Communications and other related campus and external organizations.
- Lead the ongoing development and execution of Flames Athletics’ Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) strategy, in coordination with educational programming delivered through the Flames Leadership Institute.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure consistent use of the UIC Athletics brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, sport management or related field.
- Five or more years of demonstrated success in a marketing or communications related field.
- Demonstrated professional acumen in managing social media platforms.
- Command of digital technology, software and programs, design standards and principles.
- Demonstrated high levels of creativity and the ability to take initiative, work independently, and attend to multiple projects and meet deadlines.