Reporting to the Senior Deputy Athletic Director and Chief Operating Officer, this position leads the administration of all varsity sports programs, including direct oversight of select varsity sports programs. This will encompass the supervision of head coaches and their staff and is responsible for developing and promoting the department’s mission within those programs.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Six years of athletics administrative experience, preferably including sport oversight and/or collegiate coaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for constructive interaction with associates, assistants, coaches, department staff, student-athletes, administrators, and faculty.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in sensitive situations and work effectively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Demonstrated success engaging and building collaborative relationships with various stakeholders, including coaches, student-athletes, faculty, staff, campus, and corporate partners, donors, and community members
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.