The Senior Associate Athletics Director for Advancement is the leader of the William & Mary Athletics Advancement program and a member of both the Athletics and Advancement teams at William & Mary. The Senior Associate Athletics Director for Advancement plays a crucial role in building a network of support and securing the resources necessary for the success of the university’s athletics programs by leading a team that collectively contributes to the financial health, growth, and sustainability of the athletics department.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and or experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising at the major gift level (typically 8 years) with proven success identifying, qualifying, soliciting, cultivating, and stewarding donors at the major gift ($50,000+) level, exceeding goals in a metrics-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support a complex fundraising program and mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of an external relations programs.
- The ability to proactively build, strengthen and maintain high-quality relationships with alumni, donors and community members.
- Direct supervisory experience, leading teams to effectively and collaboratively accomplish goals in a complex environment.
- Fundraising experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience working in a Division 1 Athletics program.
- Understanding of and commitment to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Management skills to educate, lead and inspire fundraising professionals and other team members.
- Experience with governing board development and the principles of laws applicable to board governance. An appreciation for and/or connection to William & Mary, its mission, history and unique focus on undergraduate research, a liberal arts education and the student athlete experience.