This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
- Provide vision and leadership in the development and administration of an effective program to ensure institutional control.
- Oversee, tracking and distribution of initial and continuing athletic and academic eligibility status of all student-athletes.
- Determine the responsibilities to be performed and delegate work responsibilities to the appropriate staff.
- Lead and mentor selected head coaches, and their staff members, in the management of their programs (including fiscal, competitive, and development opportunities).
- Implement and oversee all compliance policy and monitoring efforts including amateurism, personnel, recruiting, eligibility, financial aid, and playing and practice seasons.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and NCAA Clearing House policies and processes. Specific knowledge to ensure incoming student-athletes, transfer student-athletes and auxiliary rosters are eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics by meeting NCAA and Conference eligibility requirements.
- Ability to conduct meetings, establish record keeping protocols.
- Effective management skills required to supervise selected men’s and women’s sport coaches and their respective coaching staffs.
- Ability to work effectively with donors and Booster Clubs to educate and direct involvement in fundraising activities.
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws.