The Senior Associate Athletics Director for Development is charged with strategic oversight of Dartmouth’s growing athletics fundraising and stewardship program. This new role will develop and execute a strategic plan to inspire new levels of engagement, commitment, and philanthropic support from alumni, parents, and friends, including growth in annual unrestricted, capital and endowment gifts to support Athletics priorities. This position is accountable for spearheading initiatives focused on Athletics fundraising and monitoring and reporting on progress toward goals.
- 10+ years of relevant fundraising or development experience in educational fundraising, or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing six and seven-figure gifts.
- Staff and volunteer management experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Experience in the creation and marketing of gift opportunities.
- Maturity, intelligence, and professionalism that earn the respect of senior leadership, colleagues, volunteers and donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; adept at presenting complicated information.
- Highly collegial and service-oriented.
- Engaging personality and sense of humor.
- Well-refined organizational and project management skills combined with individual initiative, strong work ethic, and creative energy.
- Athletic fundraising experience.
- Background in athletics and a demonstrated commitment to competitive excellence.
- Campaign experience.
- Experience working in a large, complex development operation.
- Experience raising leadership gift funds for special projects and programs.
- Experience motivating and inspiring others to perform.