The Senior Associate Director of Athletics - External Experience will be responsible to oversee the day-to-day external operations of the athletics department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing/sales plans to increase attendance at all home athletics events; create and organize advertising campaigns, in coordination with university PR/marketing and SS&E.
- Coordinate and manage game day event operations, including, but not limited to the direction and supervision of all in-game promotions, marketing efforts, and fulfilling all corporate sponsorship elements.
- Assume game management duties as assigned.
- Serve as the athletics department liaison with radio networks, licensing companies, and other companies and departments both on and off campus.
- Coordinate all social media campaigns.
- Oversee and implement all ticketing sales campaigns as it relates to coordinating season and game day tickets.
- Oversee and manage the marketing and promotional aspects of the department, both on the website and at events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Be detail-oriented and communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Market and sell through speech, writing, and direct sales.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community and the public.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.