The Senior Associate/Deputy AD of Compliance serves as the as chief compliance officer and manages the day-to-day compliance operations within the Department of Athletics as well as exhibits the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to Chicago State’s efforts to comply with all NCAA, conference and Department of Athletics rules and regulations.
- Oversee all aspects of athletics compliance to ensure all NCAA and conference rules and regulations are followed.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the NCAA and conference for compliance issues.
- Supervises compliance staff including scheduling and assignment of work, reviewing performance, recommending salary actions, promotions, or discharges.
- Serve as sport administrator for select varsity sports and as a member of the athletic department’s senior staff.
- Manage the day-to-day compliance operations for 15 NCAA Division I sports.
- Oversee all investigations of potential violations and report rules violations. Consult with General Counsel to determine if or when outside counsel should be utilized.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place and functioning for rules education, monitoring and enforcement.
- Support a strong culture of institutional control by maintaining effective lines of communication throughout the athletics department and the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus seven years full-time, post collegiate experience in NCAA Division I compliance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory managerial experience.
- Experience working within a university setting.