The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence, placing a priority on creating an exceptional experience for student-athletes at UVA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the academic coordinator to assigned teams; monitor their academic progress; while also connecting student-athletes to professional development resources and more holistic student-athlete development.
- Communicate with assigned coaching staff through scheduled academic meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the ongoing academic progress of assigned student-athletes.
- Communicate appropriately with coaching staff through formal and informal meetings; regularly and promptly share detailed information regarding the ongoing academic progress of assigned student-athletes through delineated channels.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with faculty of student-athletes on your caseload or those who may be presenting concern.
- Navigate complex bureaucracy, resources, and academic requirements to help student-athletes meet their academic and athletic goals.
- Connect student-athletes to resources for their career, personal, leadership, and academic development.
- Support or oversee one or more aspects of our academic support programming.
- Serve as the academic representative to assigned teams for on-campus recruiting operations.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two or more years working in academic advising, teaching, counseling, student affairs, or a related field is required.
- Working knowledge of NCAA academic eligibility and recruiting rules and regulation. For the Football position, understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, UVA policies, procedures, and curriculum is necessary.