The Senior Deputy Athletics Director will serve as part of the executive team and will be responsible for leading, monitoring, and ensuring successful operations within the Department of Athletics. Responsible for also serving as Chief Operating Officer and supporting the Director of Athletics where responsibilities include, but are not limited to, point of contact between AD and other stakeholders, act as an advisor when called upon, and the in absence of AD serve as one of the decision-making authorities in matters unrelated to sport supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an athletic program that is committed to the University’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Represents the Athletics Director when not available and serves as consultant to the Athletics Director on all major programming and strategic planning.
- Provide visionary leadership, strategic planning, and policy development for the athletics program.
- Works to educate constituents on name, image, and likeness.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, develop and execute an athletics strategic plan that supports the mission and strategic priorities of the College with appropriate performance benchmarks for effectiveness.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Athletics on fundraising initiatives to gain financial support and resources for the department of athletics.
- Direct all administrative, operation and business functions for the Athletic department. Responsible for ensuring adequate and efficient internal functions including, but not limited to, budget planning, monitoring, forecasting, accounts payable and receivable, and contract management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
- Skill in managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives.
- Skill in service orientation by actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to provide support for student development with a demonstrable concern for students.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students. Effective management experience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, evaluating, mentoring, and placing staff.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions; Ability to develop objectives, evaluate effectiveness, and assess needs.
- Ability to process information logically.