Reporting to an executive director of development, the senior director of development – athletics will plan, organize, and manage the development of complex major gift support for athletic fundraising priorities.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of major gift prospects through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors with an emphasis on $250,000+ gifts.
- Identifies fundraising priorities and devises plans and strategies to accomplish goals.
- Works collaboratively with coaches, athletic staff and development colleagues in support of fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborates on development-related communications and events.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Seven years of related professional fundraising experience including individual donors capable of gifts of $1 million or more, and demonstrated success in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major individual gifts.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment) required with no more than three moving violations within the past 36 months and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.