Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of sports activities.
- Ability to provide guidance and direction for a sports program.
- Able to coordinate with coaches about the scheduling of games and practices.
- Must be able to determine the time allocated for a field, court, and weight room.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop, coordinate, train and implement workshops and seminars such as: sports skills classes, events to recognize special accomplishments, classroom/community presentations to inform and recruit student/athletes, and specific summer sport camps.
- Able to maintain a variety of related records/databases and provide information required for decision making and reporting to state/federal agencies.
- Must be able to file reports on the status of each team and its successes and shortcomings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates college activities to meet program objectives. Special objectives relate to student/athlete populations, which may include any of the following services for teams and/or individuals: counseling/advising, teaching/tutoring, placement, assessment, mediating, evaluating, interpreting, etc.
- Act as Team Leader during absences of the Administrator and in some instances will act as an assistant coach in other sports.
- Develop and coordinate athletic related community programs that will utilize campus use.
Organize and design expert training sessions in accordance with National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) regulations while providing a safe environment for students and athletes to learn and compete with high integrity.
- Reviews related forms, applications and recommends eligibility; verifies accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Dallas College policies, according to department/program guidelines and state/federal regulations.
- Coordinates and plans athletic related activities such as practice/game day assignments. manage and supervise part-time staff, students, and volunteers.
- Attends monthly staff meetings, quarterly Athletic Advisory Committee meetings; attends Metro Athletic Conference Athletic Directors meetings.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.