As with all staff members of the Kroc Center Ice, the role of a Senior Ice Hockey coach will have both general and specific responsibilities, The General Responsibilities include those that are specific responsibilities, The General Responsibilities are those that are shared equally amongst the staff. The Specific Responsibilities include those that are specific to the Ice Hockey coach.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Perform/handle other assignments/duties as directed.
- Assist in the registration and administration of Learn to Skate, Learn to Play, Kroc Center hockey programs, hockey schools, tournaments, competitions and any other special events.
- Help provide a fun, safe, and enjoyable, learning environment for every Kroc Center member/participant while displaying a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Maintain open communication with direct supervisor regarding scheduling, coaching, teaching & emergency situations.
- Submit timely and accurate time cards, class/special event attendance sheets.
- Promote the all Kroc Center classes & programs in a POSITIVE way.
- Be on time and well-prepared for every class, lesson, practice, and games.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience playing or coaching Tier II level or above.
- Must have a USA Hockey coaching level 2 or higher.
- Must have working knowledge of USA Ice Hockey Programs, Rules and Regulations, and USA Hockey Zero Tolerance policies.
- Must be able to lift and carry 65lbs.
- Must be in good physical health and mental health, capable of meeting the demand of the Kroc Center Ice job site.
- Must be able to create, teach, demonstrate and implement planned practices suitable for children and adults of all ages and abilities.