Under limited technical supervision, the SLH Senior Physical Therapist efficiently evaluates and treats a broad spectrum of patients. Communicates well with staff members, physicians, and other disciplines and assists with program planning.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Confers individually and/or in team meeting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care team members about patient status and/or discharge planning.
- Attends, participates, and contributes to in-service educational training.
- Communicates with patient and family. Educates patient, family, other caregivers in self-care, prevention and wellness, home exercise programs, use of equipment, and safety.
- Confers with other PT's, assistants, aides, clerical staff and department leader as appropriate for problem solving and program planning.
- Completes required administrative forms for leave of absences, payroll, and statistics. Uses time clock appropriately. Completes annual competencies, health tests, and surveys in a timely manner.
- Documentation: Writes clear, concise, legible, and objective information on patient evaluations, progress notes, discharge notes, equipment orders, and insurance forms and records accurate daily treatment attendance and charges. Utilizes electronic health record efficiently for information gathering. Completes documentation in a timely manner.
- Participates in gathering data for Continuing Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement, staff surveys, etc.
- Education: Graduation from an approved school of Physical Therapy.
- Minimum Experience: One year of experience as a Physical Therapist as employed by Alameda Health System; OR three to five years or more of recent experience in another clinical setting related to the area of proposed supervision (acute medical, rehab, SNF, or outpatient).
- Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.