Provides independent physical therapy management of patients under the direction of the Rehabilitation Services Director or designee. Provides physical therapy services in specialized patient care clinics, and assists in the development, implementation and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy.
- Implements the treatment plan through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelors, masters or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
- Physical Therapist License (California) required at hire.
- Basic Life Support required at hire.