Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides oversight to the physical therapy team. Assists department leadership in overseeing the day-to-day operations and resolving problems.
- Coordinates staff work schedules and patient care assignments to ensure timely service delivery. Follows, clarifies and enforces department policies and procedures to ensure efficient provision of physical therapy services.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility in the absence of department leadership.
- Participates in the selection and evaluation of physical therapy personnel.
- Coordinates and participates in department performance improvement activities.
- Serves as a clinical resource to the physical therapy team and assists departmental staff with resolving complex cases and/or problems.
- Participates in setting and implementing goals for the physical therapy team.
- Serves as a mentor to assist in professional growth and development of therapy staff. Provides in-service education and orientation programs.
- Oversees, instructs and evaluates physical therapy staff in the application of physical therapy principles, modalities and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or a certification in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience in a clinical area in order to acquire leadership skills, and skills for specialized and independent patient treatment.
- Leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.