The Senior Sports Director provides leadership as a subject matter expert and oversees sports-related programming to meet specific association objectives. The incumbent is responsible for developing, organizing, delivering and administering sports leagues, recreation programs and activities targeted toward youth, teen and adults in assigned service areas. The Senior Sports Director will be tasked with elevating YMCA sports to the next level by fostering program excellence and cultivating a thriving athletic community.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- Previous leadership experience in recruitment, training and supervision of staff and volunteer groups.
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Must have the ability to travel between multiple jobsites.
- Must complete the following trainings within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention, CPR/First Aid/AED/Oxygen certification, Bloodborne Pathogens and Sexual Harassment.
- Must have the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must understand the YMCA as a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands sports programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and supports staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member/participant satisfaction.
- Upholds the YMCA Mission and demonstrates behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Ensures high quality activities through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff. Sets the standards for exceptional customer service.
- Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits. Maintains fields/gyms owned by YMCA.