Coaches will provide a quality youth activity for all participants, teaching basic sport fundamentals, while emphasizing sportsmanship and participation by all.
- Organize practices;
- Instruct students in the basic rules and fundamentals of the sport;
- Establish and communicate schedules to students and families;
- Accompany their team to all contests and guide the team throughout the league season;
- Follow all safety procedures/requirements;
- Adhere to student’s medical, 504 and/or IEP plans;
- Uphold and model the expectations of the extracurricular code of conduct;
- Coordinate and consult with Athletic Director;
- Attend mandatory coaches’ meetings.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals, rules and skills of the sport being coached;
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with students and parents;
- Able to lift and move equipment used at practice and in games;
- Able to work outside in all climates and temperatures;
- Able to stand or walk around for long periods of time.