- Within the structure of the academy soccer program, prepare and deliver a high quality soccer training program aimed at achieving the group and individual objectives for student-athletes in their group.
- Have open two-way communication between student-athletes, parents and guardians, on the progress of the student-athlete and the plans and goals that have been set.
- Advise the student-athletes on tournament schedules, pre-tournament preparation, post tournament review, and benchmarks for optimizing and measuring performance.
- Gain and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the instruction equipment and methodologies incorporated into the academy soccer program.
- Interact with the soccer student-athletes as a mentor and as an educator of their sport and life.
- Continually assess the skill and emotional development of each student-athlete, and liaise with Soccer program management to ensure all internal and external partners are utilized to support each student-athletes ongoing comprehensive development.
- Act as an advocate communicating with the student-athlete, parent or guardian regarding their overall development in sport, school and campus life.
- Assist in the college placement of the student-athlete as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High standard of proficiency in soccer, training and instructional techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business administration or a similar sports or business related field or the equivalent.
- “B” License.
- Strong commitment to student athletes.