The SCORES program is after school and sessions can run anywhere from 75-90 minutes (depending on the school). There are two main seasons: Fall (11 weeks) and Spring (11 weeks). Coaches are required to work the full season.
- Use SCORES provided curriculum to run up to 2 soccer practices per week.
- Coach poet-athletes during Thursday soccer games (3rd – 8th grade).
- Distribute, maintain, and collect SCORES provided soccer equipment.
- Help in the distribution of SCORES issued soccer uniforms.
- Ensure poet-athletes are properly dressed for games (ie. in full uniform including uniform shirt, shorts, socks, shin guards and proper shoes).
- Ensure safe arrival and departure of poet-athletes from practices and games.
- Complete daily attendance using the League Apps system (training provided).
- Communicate with SCORES staff and fellow SCORES coaches at your school.
- Promote teamwork, leadership, and commitment skills.
- Attend and help at Poetry SLAM (November) and Jamboree (May).
- A successful candidate will be a team player who is committed to the mission of America SCORES Cleveland and has experience working with youth.
- A soccer coach must have a minimum of a high school diploma and must be at least 20 years old.