Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reports to the Director of Athletics and Student Activities and coordinates coaching and program philosophy with Varsity Coach.
- Begin conducting tryouts and pre-season practice according to the starting date outlined by the MIAA blue book.
- Screen, select, organize and prepare players for competition.
- Conduct team practices regularly. Team will participate in practices/games at least five times per week.
- Coach the team at every game, as required, throughout the season.
- Appoint and supervise a student manager to maintain statistics, records, and rosters.
- Coordinate with the Director of Athletics and Student Activities the efficient distribution and return of equipment, uniforms and supplies.
- Insure that players have approval to play by a medical physician, parents and the school administration. Evidence of being covered by some form of student accident insurance shall be required from each player.
- Promote by example: loyalty, leadership, dedication, physical conditioning, sportsmanship, cooperation, playing skill and personal responsibility.
- Experience as a player or coach, preferably in the sport, or physical education instructor.
- Knowledgeable of the game - rules, skills, techniques and rules of Nat’l Fed. of State High School Assoc. and MIAA.
- Availability to meet practice and contest schedule as scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out all duties and responsibilities.