KIPP NYC is looking for part-time Soccer Coaches who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop soccer as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future.
- Creating high level session plans based on provided periodization, content distribution and available space.
- Creating strong relationships with the students, families and coworkers.
- Develop players through individual skills, technical training, and team training.
- Manage talent identification systems in all program components.
- Manage all aspects of after school club, which includes but not limited to: uniform distribution, equipment management, parent communication and social media.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of soccer coaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor.
- Minimum of 3 years working in youth soccer and/or futsal. Experience working in a school environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Education, Sports Management, Sport Psychology, Exercise Science. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of USSF D license, and/or United Soccer Coaches National Diploma.