EPS is thrilled to partner with Soccer without Borders, a nationally recognized organization providing soccer and community building programming to recent immigrant youth and refugees across the globe. The Assistant Coach will support the program staff in recruiting and supervising up to 50 youth participants in grades 6-8. They will also participate in Soccer without Borders training and occasional weekend games and tournament events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and facilitate soccer lessons in collaboration with SWB staff.
- Help take regular attendance, document weekly activities, track student participation, and engage with families and students in order to ensure regular attendance of at least 40 students. This data will be shared with the Extended Learning Department.
- Use all available technology provided by the district to create engaging activities linked with 21st Century skills.
- Manage group behavior with Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies that motivate students and limit disruptions.
- Incorporate Social Emotional Learning standards that promote self-confidence, team-building and informed decision making.
- Utilize inclusive practices and strategies for students with disabilities, English language learners, and other student groups.
- Current EPS teacher or paraprofessional.
- Multilingual capacity.
- Special Education licensure.
- SEI Endorsement.
- Previous coaching experience.
- First Aid/CPR Certification.