The assistant coach interacts directly with coaches, parents and student-athletes as a representative of Christian Academy. He/she is to live and coach in such a way so that student-athletes are led to righteousness in every area of life, and in particular their athletic development. The purpose of this position is to help the varsity head coach oversee all coaches and discipleship for the specific sport and ensure the overall program development from intramural to the varsity level.
- Strong commitment to Christian Academy Mission Statement and athletic philosophy.
- Ability to encourage partnerships with parents, coaches, students and other schools.
- Managerial and coaching experience.
- He/she will coach from a biblical perspective and strive to be a true reflection of Jesus Christ to our athletes.
- Coach will create a winning environment by displaying a positive attitude and providing daily encouragement to those under his/her leadership helping to build strong relationships.
- Teaches athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Coach will promote honesty, integrity, humility, loyalty, unity, and encourage total character development of our athletes.
- Complete all assigned duties as given by the head coach and Director of Athletics.
- Oversee field/gym conditions and report needs to head coach.
- Complete inventory of equipment and uniforms and store properly.