Bluffton University is seeking motivated, organized and mature applicants to serve as the graduate assistant coach for women’s softball as well as additional responsibilities as assigned. The candidate must have strong background in softball along with exquisite communication, organizational and supervisory skills with the ability to show mature and responsible leadership and work well in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Acceptance into the graduate program.
- Must submit to a criminal background check, subject to review and approval by Bluffton University.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive university vans.
- Weekend/weekday travel to softball tournaments.
- Assist in organizing, scheduling and running practices.
- Assist with monitoring academics and providing players with resources/solutions for academic success.
- Communication with players via email, text messages or phone calls.
- Recruiting efforts, including campus visits, traveling to travel ball events or high school tournaments, etc.
- Support head coach with fundraising efforts.
- Assist with community service efforts.
- Assist with management of social media accounts.