To develop each participating student in achieving a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increase of self-esteem.
- Coaches and teaches sport performance skills to participating students, utilizing district, conference and state approved criteria.
- Plans, schedules, organizes practices, games and or competitions.
- Supervises students immediately before, during and after practices and games and or competitions.
- Monitors the eligibility criteria of school, district, conferences, KHSAA, and other member organizations.
- Maintains professional conduct and serving as a role model when representing district during school functions and activities.
- Prepares and maintains budgets, reports, documents, and other paperwork as required by supervisor or Superintendent.
- Develops and implements plans for increasing student participation.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment and supplies, ensuring proper repair and good working condition of all equipment complying with all safety regulations.
- Kentucky Certificate, Emergency Certificate or Certificate for Substitute Teaching preferred; or
- Classified employee exempt from overtime requirements; or
- Meets the requirements for paraprofessional personnel.
- Such additional qualifications as the Superintendent or Board may find appropriate and acceptable.