An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior teaching and coaching standards. The Softball Coach will model and teach good sportsmanship as the number one priority in athletics. This Coach will work with faculty and staff to support players' academic and moral success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the sport outside the school through news media or in any other feasible manner.
- Responsible for the implementation of the athletic policies by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Responsible for the quality, effectiveness, and validity of any oral or written release to local media by way of the Principal and Gaston County Schools’ Communications Department.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments, and results.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Develops a practice program.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, development of the budget, administration of the softball budget, and making travel arrangements, when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies approved by the Gaston County Schools’ Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise the softball program.
- Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of softball and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Thorough understanding of the growth and development of assigned students/athletes.