DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and schedule the annual schedule of softball practices and games.
- Conduct training and practices as sanctioned by NJCAA.
- Conduct physical conditioning sessions and practices for student-athletes.
- Supervise student-athletes at practices, at all softball games, and while attending college, ACCS, and NJCAA events.
- Instruct student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of softball.
- Coordinate the arrangements for all softball games, including the arrangement of officials; team travel accommodations and transportation; assistance with visiting team accommodations; and refreshments and/or meals as needed.
- Coordinate the annual schedule of softball practices and games.
- Maintain current knowledge on and in compliance with all Title IX, National Junior College Athletic Association, Alabama Community College System, and Department of Education regulations regarding sports programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to assist students, faculty, staff, and community members, including those of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work day or evening hours as required by the program, which may include travel, overnight stays, and weekend duties.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations as they relate to ACCS and NJCAA events.
- Ability to evaluate physical performance related to the inter-collegiate softball program as well as other sports programs.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and management to the athletic programs and student-athletes.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Ability to effectively coordinate travel arrangements.