Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule the annual schedule of softball practices and games.
- Conduct training and practices as sanctioned by NJCAA.
- Conduct physical conditioning sessions and practices for student-athletes.
- Supervise student-athletes at practices, at all softball games, and while attending college, ACCS, and NJCAA events.
- Instruct student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of softball.
- Coordinate the arrangements for all softball games, including the arrangement of officials; team travel accommodations and transportation; assistance with visiting team accommodations; and refreshments and/or meals as needed
- Coordinate the annual schedule of softball practices and games.
- Maintain current knowledge on and in compliance with all Title IX, National Junior College Athletic Association, Alabama Community College System, and Department of Education regulations regarding sports programs.
- Associate degree (or equivalent hours) from a regionally accredited institution is required; Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in softball-related instruction is required.
Northeast Alabama Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.