- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three years’ University softball experience, preferably University coaching experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six months.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive University vehicles required.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate softball program.
- Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Skill preparing, monitoring and maintaining budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
- Provides quality coaching and instruction to students participating in the softball program; develops, implements, and teaches related softball program curriculum; enforces safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students
- Plans, directs, and coaches an intercollegiate softball program that develops student/athletes’ fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run;
- ensures JCU’s rules and regulation compliance;
- Recruits student athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success; and assists student athletes in realizing individual and team goals
- Supervises and coordinates softball events and activities; attends scheduled softball practices, classes, and all competitions
- Provides ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the court;
- Assists with conflict resolution;
- Provides guidance with negotiating campus processes such as registration, financial aid, residence life; assists with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty.