St. Mark's Softball Coach is a crucial position for the students, families, and faculty at St. Mark's Episcopal School. While this position encompasses many different duties, its primary function is to provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, knowledge, and understanding of the pleasure associated with the sport and the principles of fair play.
- Instruct athletes in the fundamentals, the rules of the sport, proper training techniques, and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and competitions.
- Function as Softball Coach in the management of the program including junior varsity and varsity programs.
- Promote good human relations within the student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and assist with academic support for student-athletes.
- Help plan pre and post-season conditioning programs in conjunction with other coaches.
- Uphold the discipline policies and academic requirements regarding student activities set forth by the school.
- Develop each team member to his or her skill potential.
- Promote effective and positive communication with student-athletes, parents, and administration.
- Promote a team concept and vision while placing an emphasis on positive sportsmanship.
- Ability to relate/communicate in a positive manner to the student-athlete.
- Ability to sit, talk, and hear for extended periods.
- Ability to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and move quickly when necessary to promote student learning and/or safety.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; to bend, stoop, and reach overhead.
- Ability to push items of 50 lbs. such as pushing children in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging.