To instruct all students in the fundamental skills and knowledge of the sport or activity. To provide an atmosphere for successful individual development through monitoring, evaluating, and reinforcing objectives. To follow the policies and procedures of BESD #61.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Be knowledgeable of IESA rules and regulations.
- Have a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations regarding the program.
- May be responsible for supervising students during out-of-town activities. This may involve staying overnight and driving a district vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Help keep an accurate and up-to-date inventory.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities used in the program.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements of the various governmental agencies.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Perform all duties required by state and federal statutes and by Board of Education policy and action.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal and Athletic Director or other appropriate administrative staff, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualification of the position.