- Meets all mandated health requirements.
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Relevant coaching experience. Knowledgeable about interscholastic athletic program regulations.
- Completion of state activity supervisory permit requirements (e.g., first aid/CPR, etc.).
- Displays enthusiasm and exhibits interest in coaching.
- Keeps winning in perspective.
- Responsible for team performance which is consistent with ability level of participants.
- Teaches individual performance consistent with fundamental skills at every level of play. Works with athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills.
- Treats participants fairly and consistently
- Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information
- Displays acts of sportsmanship, ethics, and integrity towards visiting coaches, athletes, spectators, and officials.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times, and demonstrates self -control and poise in all areas relating to coaching.
- Develops respect from players by example in appearance, manners, behavior, language, and conduct at all times.
- Is fair, understanding, tolerant, sympathetic and patient with other coaches and team members.
- Monitors innovations, evaluates activities, and recommends program improvements effectively.
The Granville Exempted Village School District Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, and other unforeseen events.