- Experience working with junior high students/athletes preferred.
- Coaching and/or experience with softball is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had successful HS/JH softball coaching experience.
- Valid first aid and CPR required (must be on file prior to first practice).
- Will need to meet WIAA Coaches Standards (prior to the first practice).
- Willingness to work with an overall 7-12th grade softball program is required.
- Practices are Monday through Friday, 2:45-5:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL AND IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Serve as a positive role model to the players and parents.
- Teach softball techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Preside over team activities including all scheduled team practices and games.
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team.
- Supervise players during practices and games.
- Manage equipment and playing facilities in a responsible manner.
- Performs related duties as required.