Under the general supervision of the assigned athletic administrator, the head coach is accountable for the administration, financial management and development of the women’s softball program and is responsible for the leadership of the program. The head coach will manage the resources provided by the University which support the essential components of the program and is actively involved in fundraising for program enhancements. This individual must abide by the rules and regulations established by Concordia University, Nebraska (CUNE), the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC), and the NAIA by performing the following duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience directly related to the essential functions.
- 2-5 years of experience as an assistant coach in Higher Ed or high school head coach preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide winning results.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of CUNE, GPAC and NAIA rules in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and utilize other software applications as necessary; experience with SCT Banner software preferred.
- Proficiency in the sport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the development of the program to achieve the objectives consistent with the strategic direction of the Athletic Department.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures and processes set forth by CUNE officials.
- Responsible for the administrative, financial, and coaching requirements of the team.
- Responsible for creating an environment which is consistent with the values of the University and the Athletic Department and for fostering student-athlete development.