Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach softball techniques and skills at a level appropriate for collegiate competition.
- Provide leadership to the softball program, conducting the program in accordance with the NWAC and college rules and regulations.
- Serve as a role model to assist the team members in developing and displaying appropriate behavior and sportsmanship expected of athletic teams and individuals representing SVC.
- Implement NWAC policies as defined in the official NWAC codebook.
- Must adhere to Title IX Policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to teach the game;
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills;
- Knowledge of the NWAC rules and regulations or willingness to become knowledgeable;
- Ability to demonstrate key technical competencies;
- Understanding of and experience working with people of diverse socioeconomic, academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Ability to promote a philosophy of student success;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing student needs and maintain consistent communication with supervisors and support staff in the Athletic Department.
SVC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. All faculty and staff hired at Skagit Valley College are encouraged to embrace, continually support, and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community.