Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of head coach, softball. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC).
- Serves as the primary recruiter for the softball program, identifying and evaluating potential students with that interest and organizing their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
- Organizes, in conjunction with the Director of Athletics, all aspects of the softball program, including facility, game, practice and operational issues.
- Makes budgetary suggestions regarding the proper operations and staffing of the areas of responsibility.
- Enforces the Student Athlete Code of Conduct at the College.
- Acts as a visible person to represent the College in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Assists in all phases of coaching for designated sport’s team.
- Scouts and evaluates potential recruits.
- Works closely with the promotional and team fundraising efforts.
- Master’s degree in physical education, sports management or a related field preferred. A minimum of three years experience in coaching intercollegiate athletics or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated ability to recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
- Prior NCAA DII softball playing or coaching experience preferred.
- Must have strong team-building and management skills.
- Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.