The Head Softball Coach provides leadership and direction for a competitive intercollegiate program a Henry Ford College. HFC operates its athletic program with integrity and in full compliance with institutional, conference and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) guidelines. HFC sponsors seven sports at the NJCAA Division II level and competes in the Michigan Community College Athletic Association (MCCAA) Eastern Conference.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Coaching or playing experience at the high school or club level
- Valid Michigan driving license required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct program in compliance with HFC, MCCAA and NJCAA policies, procedures and by-laws.
- Recruit players, hold tryouts, select team and maintain appropriate coaching schedule.
- Educate players on and hold them accountable for, upholding ethical behavior and academic standards of HFCC.
- Coordinate one Community Service outreach event as approved by the Athletic Director.
- Develop and maintain a work schedule (administrative availability, practices, and games).
- Prepare conference schedule under the direction of the Athletic Director.
- Attend appropriate MCCAA and NJCAA meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Coordinate team roster with the Athletic Director and Compliance Officer.
- Assist in fundraising in support of the program.
- Provide publicity information to the Athletic Director and Communications staff as requested.