The Albuquerque Academy Athletics Department is seeking an individual for the position of Head Softball Coach. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Softball Program. Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Head Coach assists with the development, organization, and implementation of a high-quality softball program and follows the New Mexico Activities Association (NMAA) rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the development, promotion, and recruitment for the softball Program.
- Represent Albuquerque Academy and the Softball Program in a professional manner.
- Hire and coordinate the work of assistant coaches and ensure that all coaches work together toward a common goal within the program.
- Hold meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the Softball Program.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.
- Ensure all necessary physical exams, parental consent forms, waivers, and insurance forms are accurately completed and filed to fulfill all school and NMAA rules and regulations.
- Hold pre-season meetings with all student athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Knowledge of the game of softball is required.
- Professional work ethic and unwavering commitment to the academic success and mission of the school.
- Problem-solving skills and the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Knowledge of NMAA and high school softball rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school administrators, parents, opponents, referees, and governing organizations.
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communications skills.