SUNY Adirondack Timberwolves Softball Head Coach will demonstrate an ability to serve as the program leader for softball as well as an engaged member of the athletics department. This position is responsible for operating a program for student athletes which includes recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and training athletes who are highly skilled in their sport while pursuing the department’s goals of developing individuals who are athletically, academically, and personally successful.
- Monitor student athlete academic status through attendance in class and study hall as well as grades to ensure they are compliant with all NJCAA and Region III eligibility policies.
- Plan, supervise, and conduct practices appropriately to prepare for competition.
- Design a community service plan to ensure players and coaches engage in volunteering activities annually.
- Develop a fundraising plan to secure additional resources to bolster program budget.
- Coordinate the collection of physical exams, transcripts, releases, waivers and other documents for eligibility purposes prior to the first day of sanctioned practice.
- Develop relationships and interact with members of the institution including faculty, staff, and administration in an effort to elevate brand awareness of the department across campus.
- Manage budgets and college issued credit card, trip requests, travel preparation and meet necessary deadlines set by the college and/or athletics staff.
- Promotion of the program and department to the college, community, region and nation.
- Assist with the inventory, maintenance, and returning of all team equipment and gear at the conclusion of the season.
- Demonstrable experience coaching at the professional, college, club, or high school level.
- Knowledge of the student-athlete recruitment process.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must be personable, approachable, and team-oriented.
- Show a commitment to students’ academic success.
- Willingness to work on a limited budget.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proclivity for attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and be proactive.